Tuesday, October 2, 2007

First Day of Class!



Because of jet lag I am now finely a morning person ( but promptly not for long). We had are first day of lectures and are school leader spoke about Gods heart for heath care in the Bible (there are so many scriptures) and then explained the background behind Primary Health and how it started. Did you know that it was started with the intention of bridging the gap between wealthy communities and the poor, to help basic needs at low cost or no cost. I also found that 7 out of the most deathly killers in poor communities, we can actually heal or prevent with basic help! It gives me hope when I hear about all the death tolls and sickness percentages around the world.

There is just something about this place, I feel like I am sitting on Jesus lap just waiting for the next thing he wants to say and taking it all in.

Random Fact: Head lice dislike the smell of Lavender.