Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Deliverd a Baby Doll!

Highlight of this week…I got to deliver a Child!
Suddenly in class while learning mother and child health, my teacher became pregnant with a 3 pound plastic doll and I had to act fast.
I grabbed the birthing kit we had learned how to make with a rope, blankets, razor and soap. I asked some one to go boil some water and then began…wow who knew all my years of watching “ER” would come in handy. After cutting the umbilical cord and cleaning the child, I was able to breath.

We also learned how to treat pregnant mothers in underdeveloped countries, along with treating Anemia (lack of iron in the diet), teaching mothers good practices after the child is born and how to keep them from getting sick.
In Papa New Guinea we may be treating a lot of mothers.

We are also attending an "Intimacy with God" work shop; it has been a real treat to hear a really amazing speaker from NZ named Aaron Walsh. Through the teaching God has been addressing a lot of my deepest desires to draw closer to him. I have been learning so much about how powerful it can be to pray from the heart and how it draws you even closer to him. God created us for pleasure (a relationship with him) and just like smell we don’t actually need it. Aaron then spook about Mathew 7:7, the scripture talks about how if we just ask the door will be open to us, basically God will answer your prayers but what he doesn’t say is the time and how he will, but he does give us a promise in the scripture that he will answer and won’t deny us the desires of our heart.

Prayer requests: Outreach funding to come in $2500 and the rest of my school fees, and for my teacher to become well. Ironically enough she came down with dengue fever and malaria this week after learning about it in class. And for me to have a continued fever to learn and draw closer to him so I can serve the people well in Papa New Guinea and Irian Jaya.

Random Fact: Some developed countries believe that placing manure on the umbilical cord is a good practice.