Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Selamat Siang (Good Day!)

Wow, Christmas in 7 days; that means I leave to PNG in 8 days!
I hope everyone is enjoying hot cocoa by the fire, while I am celebrating this season with 90% humidity and about 80 kids running around, enjoying a summer camp the school puts on every year. It is a crazy but wonderful time. I get the privilege of watching so many youth come to understand the love of God and how they can hear his voice.
Also, all the churches in the area, including us, put on a huge reenactment festival by the water, called Stable on the Strand. The whole city comes and they hear the Story of Jesus and what the true gift of Christmas is all about; this year I am a caretaker for the animals!

I just finished the last bit of my study. Last week I got to stick one of my classmates with a needle and I also learned how to give out medication and vaccinations properly. I still feel a bit nervous about our mission trip but I know God will fill in the gaps where my brain has failed me. I get more and more excited about how we get to be a part of impacting a Muslim village with healing and compassion. God has blessed this trip so much already with mosquito testing kits (so we can treat malaria), top of the line wound care and toothbrushes to pass out to all the kids! The village is also getting so excited that we are coming to help; they keep contacting us saying how excited they are. I can’t wait to meet them. Hopefully I am able to put together a good video to tell the story of this trip, so I can share it with you.

I do have an urgent prayer request…

I am still short the money to pay for the mission trip, about $1154 AUS. I was able to finally buy my plane ticket today so I could join the team on the plane. But, the rest is for food, housing and transportation to get to the villages. Also, we buy all the medication and vaccinations to treat the villages we see.

It is Christmas, so I understand the craziness of the holiday. Think of it this way: if you donate even $10, you will be sending a healthcare worker to a child that is sick, providing medicine and a toothbrush! A child who otherwise would have never been able to get help. I feel like God really wants to bless these people in Irian Jaya by showing them they are important and loved, But he needs people to do this.
Please pray for our team and if you can, give. The need is great since we fly out in 8 days (dec 26th). But if you are unable or have already given, prayer is more powerful than money! I believe God will provide a way. And if I haven’t said it enough, I am so grateful to all of you for praying and reading and just being a part of this. Terima kasih (Thank you).

Two ways to give:

Mail:
Stacy Parker
PMB D23
621 SR 9 NE
Lake Stevens WA 98258-9400
USA

(Preferred because of time) Online:

To Student of IPHC Stacy Parker
http://www.reeftooutback.com/payments.aspx

(This brings you to a secure website of are school and just writing my name on the donation.

Merry Christmas! I will hopefully be able to send you another letter before we fly off! Selamat (Good-Bye)

Random Fact: Candy Canes are a good source of protein!….just kidding!