Monday, January 28, 2008

Dumb Americans!

I heard 3 horns, thinking we should hurry, as my team chows down fish from a side market on a stop over in a small island on are way to Baik. The next thing I know is we are running full speed as people left and right are rushing us and shouting at us, some little kids are even running with us! I look up, seeing the steps to the ship being pulled up, so there goes our way onto our ship. So we get pushed in to what I think is a motor boat, losing my shoe as we clear a cement wall to hop in the boat. The whole village has now come for the show, shouting and laughing at us. The engine dies on the motor boat, it starts again praise Jesus and we attempt to hop from boat to ship still moving with all eyes on us. Then we are rushed to the captains office where are translator gets the 3rd degree. “Do you like Papuan Men? Next time I will leave you here and you will have to marry Papuan man!” he shouted. As we walk to the cabin in the ship trying to hold are tail between our legs, we bust up in laughter as we meet up with the rest of the team. All I can think is dumb Americans!

Outreach has been amazing so far, after are 24hr ship ride we have treated 4 or 5 villages and I have seen many smiling faces and God free so many people everywhere we have gone. I have see some heart reaching moments like a 7 year old boy with a blown ear drum because of abuse from his father; skin diseases that covered the whole body, a woman collapsing in the clink because of malaria, and 6 month old baby wrapped up in cloth drenched in sweat with a fever of 106. But in all of these God moved in prayer and we were able to help with education and medication. I love our merciful God!
We leave to the High lands soon to do a heath seminar with the village leaders teaching them things like how to give a safe prenatal care; sanitation and how to make outhouses, and discipleing them also in the bible and encouraging them. I can’t wait! Thank you for your prayers please continue to pray for us.
Also I am still short on outreach fees and are teams bugget has been really tite if youu would like to give finaclly there is still a need about 300 is what is needed. Two ways to give:

Mail:
Stacy Parker
PMB D23
621 SR 9 NE
Lake Stevens WA 98258-9400
USA

(Preferred because of time) Online:

To Student of IPHC Stacy Parker
http://www.reeftooutback.com/payments.aspx
(This brings you to a secure website of are school and just writing my name on the donation.